- Cat furniture
- SmartyKat Scratch Not Scratch Deterrent Spray for Cats - 13.5 Fluid Ounces
SmartyKat Scratch Not Scratch Deterrent Spray for Cats - 13.5 Fluid Ounces
- SCRATCH DETERRENT: Scratch Not Spray contains a blend of lemon and eucalyptus essential oils, scents cats actively avoid; the spray helps train and condition cats from scratching anywhere they please with a simple spritz on surfaces popular with claws
- HELPS SAVE FURNITURE: The citrus scent helps repel cats and keeps them from making a mess of your furniture; for best results, place a scratcher nearby to help redirect their behavior to more appropriate scratching outlets
- EASY TO USE: Simply spray where needed (walls, furniture, furnishings, etc.) to help keep cats away; DO NOT spray directly on cats
- DISCLAIMER: Not all cats are repelled by the odor of the spray; if your cat does not react to the spray, try a different method such as our Scratch-Not Tape
- CAUTION: Scratch Not Spray may damage certain surfaces, including wood finishes, painted surfaces, leather, vinyl, and wallpaper; always test a small piece on an inconspicuous area of the subjected surface
- ABOUT US: SmartyKat products help pet owners meet basic feline needs; from scratchers and toys to edible grass and catnip, our products are designed to stimulate a particular feline need while fostering a stronger relationship between you and your cat
|Attribute Name||Attribute Value|
|Rating||3 stars and up|
Ratings & Reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars 3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but remove and replace quickly, & be careful of which fabrics it's used onReviewed on May 15, 2023
This worked well. It helped deter our kitten from scratching on the furniture. However, make sure you remove and replace with new tape frequently. We put it on and left it for over 1 year. Our mistake. For our loveseat, the tape that has been present for 1 year, is coming off. It comes off in multiple pieces instead of a whole piece at time. The loveseat's fabric is just a typical furniture fabric, it's not suede/microfiber/leather. It's a little tedious to get it off, but at least it is coming off. On the other hand, the tape on our microfiber couch is not coming off. It's like it has fully bonded with the fabric and will not budge whatsoever. I've been meaning to research and see if there are any suggestions about how to get it off, but I've not done so yet. I feel like this tape would have been easy to remove and might not have fully adhered to our couch if I had of removed it and replaced it every month. Keep that in mind if you plan on buying it.
Reviewed on July 19, 2023
It works well for its price.
Reviewed on July 20, 2023
I started using this spray to try and get my cats from scratching my couch, not only did it do that but it prevented them from actually getting on the couch and throwing up on it. The bottle is pretty big, the smell is pleasant to me but doesn't linger around the house. I will for sure be buying more
Reviewed on July 17, 2023
All i can say is, before using this product my cat was OBSESSIVELY scratching my couch like a little menice. Literally after using it like 3 times, he goes nowhere near me couch. It really is amazing. My cat learned quite fast so hopefully yours does the same, but i definitely would give it a try if you have a cat scratching problem on furniture (fabric materials)
Reviewed on June 04, 2023
Thought this was great until i tried to take it off. The tape won’t come off. So I am left with big ole sticky stripes on my chair. Put it on brand new chair in late January, 4 months later can’t get it off! Update: after very, very carefully working with a thin- bladed knife a little at a time was able to pry strips carefully off. If I have to use again will leave myself free tabs at end of tape to pull on, maybe that would have helped.
Reviewed on May 22, 2023
Overall this is a good product, just don't expect it to stop your cat from scratching anything at any time. I spay this on my couch regularly and my cat stopped scratching that, but he still goes for the rugs once in a while. It helps for sure, but is not a perfect solution.
5.0 out of 5 stars 5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, AMAZING! REALLY WORKS, KEEPS OUR CAT FROM SCRATCHING FURNITURE-PERECT PACKAGING TOO!Reviewed on June 28, 2023
The media could not be loaded. SO IMPRESSED! FINALLY FOUND SOMETHING THAT IS A LIFE SAVER...WELL A FURNITURE, CARPET SAVER AND MORE! LOL HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! A+++++ (THE PACKAGING IS PERFECT, IT HAS A SPILL PROFF SEAL SO IT DOESN'T LEAK DURING SHIPMENT) We have had our sectional couch for about a year now and no matter how many cat scratching posts/items that we buy our cat. He still goes straight to scratching our couch! EVER SINCE I STARTED USING THIS SMARTY CAT NOT SCRATCH SPRAY, HE HAS HASN'T SCRATCHED IT ONCE! IT NOT ONLY WORKS ON FURNITURE! IF YOU SHUT YOUR BEDROOM DOOR AND DEAL WITH YOUR CAT/CATS SCRATCHING AT THE CARPET AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR DOORS....THIS SPRAY WILL STOP THAT AS WELL! VERY IMPORTANT THOUGH: MAKE SURE THAT YOU ENTICE YOUR CAT/CATS TO USE THEIR SCRATCHING POSTS/TOYS BECAUSE BY NATURE, THEY NEED TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO SCRATCH ON SOMETHING! IT STIMULATES THEIR BRAIN AND HELPS WITH ANXIETY! ***** YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED *****
Reviewed on July 14, 2023
This product helps if your cat likes to nibble on plants (due to its taste), but I have not seen any help with scratching furniture.
Related products (4/235)